Friday, May 16, 2014

Pacifica Pier (Beach) 5/15/14

I went to go to the pier again this week, but again the pier was closed. I am not sure why its been closed like all week. So I decided to just fish from the beach. I was really quite surprised to find so many people fishing from the beach. They were all using lures and fishing for striper. They were catching some pretty big striped bass there. Unfortunately I only brought my crabbing gear with me and some hooks, but no lures. So I used one pole with a weight and hook with a chuck of squid as bait but didn't catch anything. There were some people that did "limit out" with their two stripers. After the sun went down I threw in a crab snare from the shore so that I could catch some crab, after about 10 minutes I pulled in my line with a Dungeness that was just a little too small, so I threw him back satisfied that I had caught at least one thing so I went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment