Monday, July 7, 2014

Lakeshore Park (Newark lake) in Newark Fishing 07/04/2014

This was the first time I have ever been to the lake. A colleague from my work recommended we go there after work. Supposedly there are carp, catfish, bass, bluegill and trout. According to the DFG they stock it with trout and catfish. We did see numerous large fish jumping, but I am not sure if they were bass or trout. There are no restrooms there so keep that in mind if you decide to go there. We tried hotdog, bread, powerbait, and chicken liver as bait and only got a few nibbles on the hotdog and chicken liver I put in a crawfish trap to see what sort of fish were in there, I did manage to catch three crayfish and one small bluegill, as well as one minnow which was so small I was unable to identify it. I will definitely come back another time and will bring worms with me because I feel that would be the best bait there. I am sure there are some large fish 10+ pounds in there. http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fishinginthecity/sf/gofish-southeast.html
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fishinginthecity/sf/gofish-southeast.html

5 comments:

  1. Any luck with catfish there? I stopped by there today but had no luck with bass. Thanks for the posts! Will be stopping by there next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lake has Largemouth Bass and Carp for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do have Largemouth Bass in the lake.

    ReplyDelete