Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pillar Point Harbor Half Moon Bay South Jetty 6-12-14

I got to the jetty around 4 P.M. and we caught one small cabezon and several crabs. We were about 1/2 way down the jetty. We caught the Cabezon on some squid with 30 pound line and 12 pound leader. The crab trap I was using I initially threw out into the ocean but after it got stuck and I had to go for a swim to get it, I decided I would throw the crab trap into the harbor, not expecting much, but it out fished it compared to the ocean side. we also forgot that we had to leave there by sunset so when we got back to our car there was a sheriff waiting for us, so if you go there remember to leave before sunset. Click here to see the crab cage contour helmet cam footage

2 comments:

  1. Is there a sunset curfew on the jetties now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes there is, there is a sign posted above the porta potty, but it is difficult to see

      Delete